Coming over here, the flight was not nearly as bad as I expected. I think I was dreading a 15 -hour flight. Once we got here, Lindsey and I did our best to stay up all day on Wednesday and made it until about 8pm, which was HUGE...but then we woke up at 5am. We had jet lag for a few days, but I think we are finally on the right track (beverages help...). The time difference will probably take awhile to figure out. We were at a bar on Saturday afternoon watching the Ranger's game (yes, I already found a bar that has a Texas owner and shows US sports/games) that was in Dallas on Friday night...
I found place to live on the first day and absolutely LOVE it! I, of course, did not take pictures while we were looking at it, but will send pictures as soon as I can get some. It is in an area called Kirribilli and is on the water. It looks right at the Sydney Opera House and I will be taking the ferry to work every day. Very excited about that.
I am learning lots of new words to add to my vocabulary - Skulling is chugging (as in booze) and don't try and leave a beer with anything in it, because they will tell you to skull it.
We have done quite a bit since we have been here....aquarium, wildlife park, beach, Octoberfest, wine tour/tasting, lots and lots of eating and drinking. It has been fun and I am so glad to have Lindsey here with me to explore around the city. My favorite thing was probably the wildlife park. They had crocodiles, koalas and KANGAROOS!!! The kangaroos are the strangest most intriguing animals I have ever seen...I could probably watch them for hours. They sit on their tails, itch a lot and hop around.
| Getting ready to hop! |
So glad y'all are having fun! I cannot WAIT to see pictures of your apartment...yay that you found it so quickly! Keep up the blog posts so we can all pretend we are on this awesome adventure with you. Lucy and I miss you so much but we're happy things are off to a great start!
ReplyDeleteVery cool blog. Sounds like you two are definitely taking advantage of the time there with all that you are doing. Looking forward to more posts:)
ReplyDeleteSkull it!
ReplyDelete