Sunday, October 24, 2010

So far away...

It did not take long to realize how far away I am from the US and friends and family.  Last week was a week where I really wanted and needed to be with my family, or at least be able to call, text and chat whenever I wanted to and was not able to, so I am quickly figuring out the best ways to communicate with everyone.  As of right now...skype is the best!!  I skyped with my mom this morning for a few hours and it was fabulous.  If any of you decide to get skype, let me know what your skype name is and can figure out a time to talk.  Also, if you have an iPhone and play Words with Friends you can text through there for free.  I am working on getting a phone number that will go through the internet that will be associated with a Dallas number and when I get that, I will pass it along to you alll.  

"Excuse me" So I have found that when you are walking along the streets, sidewalks, stairs, etc. and you bump into someone or they bump into you, it is not appropriate to say "excuse me."  That has happened to me and I have received some pretty mean stares after doing so.  I asked some locals on Friday what the deal is and apparently "excuse me" means "get the eff out of my way."  It is appropriate to say "sorry" which I don't really get because how am I sorry for someone bumping into me?  I guess that is just the Australian way! 

Lindsey and I went back to the beach before she left...here are a few photos. 

View from the restaurant we ate at before the beach.  We had a nice view of about 15 guys working out on the bars!  It was a great lunch...

Bondi Beach before the cold "afternoon breeze" came blowing in



2 comments:

  1. So sad your mom beat me to it for a skype call the other day, but so happy you got to chat with her for awhile. I told Lucy last night that no matter what, we'll figure out a time for her to skype with you this week...so we better! She misses you tons (and so do I)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to talk to Lucy!!! I hope she remembers me...

    ReplyDelete