Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Food in Sydney

Of course I have to blog about food.  The food here is quite lovely as these Aussies would say.  Lots of Thai and Indian food, along with many many french friends (chips/wedges).  Lindsey and I just ate at one of the best restaurants I have been to in my life, a Thai place, for the second time since we have been here.  Don't worry, they remembered us.  Probably b/c we were licking the plates clean and more worried about the food than the cute Aussie bartenders.   To make the food even better, you don't tip here.  It took awhile to get used to, but we finally have it down.  

Other than the food (which has been half of our time).  Today was the first day that I had to set an alarm and did not wake up at the crack of dawn, so that was nice.  And today was also my first real day of work.  I like it so far...they people are incredibly nice.   Don't be surprised if next time you see me, I say the words lovely, quite, watertight, keen, heaps and loads - they seem to be key words in the Aussie dictionary and every day language.    

Friday I think I might be going to my first barbie with my new neighbors (once I move it)!  YAY!  

4 comments:

  1. Bree!
    That is just LOVELY!

    We love you HEAPS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you SOOOOO much already love. Don't forget all your Texas lingo - teach those Aussies a thing or two. LOVE hearing all about your adventures. Post more pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can tell 'em about Texas-style barbie! I'm sure those Aussie's are enamored with you - the awesome Texan!

    So glad things are going well. I'll ditto Meg- post more pics!

    ReplyDelete